This Personal Data Policy ("PDP") is prepared in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") that was introduced by the Government of Malaysia to standardise the process of Personal Data ("Personal Data") for commercial purposes. This PDP sets out the policies and procedures of Checkpoint Spot Sdn Bhd ("CPS") with regards to your Personal Data and your consent to the usage and processing of your Personal Data for purposes set out below.
"CPS" means Checkpoint Spot Sdn Bhd and/or its related and associated companies regardless whether such company(ies) are incorporated in or outside Malaysia.
"Personal Data" means your name, age, gender, NRIC, passport number, date of birth, address(es), email address(es), telephone number(s), credit card number(s), bank account(s), opinion(s), comment(s), information in connection to the transactions, programmes and/or packages you have purchased and /or participated in and such other personal information or your views/opinions that are, have been and may be collected, compiled, processed and maintained with CPS from time to time.
Provision of Personal Data
CPS will obtain your Personal Data when you provide your Personal Data in any way or manner including pursuant to any transactions and/or inquiries made with CPS. CPS may also receive and store your Personal Data when you enter the CPS's websites, social networking sites and/or blogs.
CPS may also receive, store and process your Personal Data which are provided or made available by any third parties (show/event organizers/promoters, business partners, service providers & vendors), for reasons including delivery of CPS's services (for example, process of registration(s) with payment), performance of conditions of sales and/or to comply with the CPS's conditions of sales.
Purposes of Processing
CPS may use your Personal Data for the following purposes: -
- To process your order form/registration request/transactions;
- To communicate with you via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- For administrative purposes;
- To conduct internal activities;
- To process and analyse your Personal Data for market surveys and trend analysis;
- To inform you of any changes or updates to our products, goods, facilities, programmes, services and/or loyalty incentives which may affect you;
- To market and promote the products, goods, facilities, programmes, services, loyalty incentives, and/or such other activities as you may have requested and /or may be offering by CPS, business partner and show/event organizers/promoters;
- To prevent and detect fraudulent transaction(s);
- Other legitimate business activities of CPS; and /or
- Other purposes which the CPS may reasonably deem fit;
Provision of your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 3.1 (a) to (k) above is voluntary and optional. However, failure to provide the requested Personal Data or any limitation against CPS to process your Personal Data may result in the CPS being unable (a) to process the relevant order form/registration(s) request/transactions; (b) to provide all or part(s) of the products, goods, facilities and/or services as described above or any other products, goods, facilities and/or services that the CPS is providing to you in a continuous manner; (c) to provide the products, goods, facilities and/or services to the extent as stated in the promotional materials of CPS and/ or by show/event organizers/promoters; and/or (d) to provide any of the new products, goods, facilities and/or services that may be offered by CPS and/or show/event organizers/promoters from time to time.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. You understand and consent that your Personal Data may be transferred outside of Malaysia to those third parties with whom CPS share it as described in this PDP.
Disclosure to Third Parties
For purposes as described herein and to facilitate the provision of the various products, goods, facilities and/or services to you, CPS may share with and/or transfer your Personal Data to: -
- the other entities within CPS;
- CPS third party service providers and vendors;
- show/event organizers/promoters and business partners; and/or
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to CPS.
CPS may also share your Personal Data where required by law or where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, legal processes or queries from the relevant authorities.
Rights to Limit Processing
If you: -
- do not wish to receive any marketing communications from CPS; or
- wish CPS to stop processing your Personal Data for marketing purposes or any direct marketing purposes; or
- wish to change the manner in which the Group is permitted to process your Personal Data as described under Section 3 above; you may submit a request in writing to the address stated in Section 7 below.
When you visit the CPS's websites, there might be automatic collection of some information about your computer such as IP address, web browser software, and referring website. Such information is only used for the purpose of creating a better user experience and to identify areas for improvement on the CPS's websites.
When you access certain pages of the CPS's websites or purchase ticket(s), you may be required to sign in, using an ID and password. Once you signed in, CPS will record your ID in the cookie file on your computer if you checked the box entitled "Remember me". Permanent cookie files remain on your computer's hard drive until you manually delete the file.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may, request to access to and/or to make any correction to your Personal Data by submitting a request in writing to CPS to the address stated in Section 7 below.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, CPS has the rights to: -
- refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data in the manner provided in PDPA, such as where expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons;
- refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data as permitted under PDPA, including where your Personal Data is being processed by CPS in order to discharge regulatory functions and providing you access and/or the right to make any correction to your Personal Data is likely to prejudice proper discharge of those functions by CPS; and
- charge a fee as may be allowed under PDPA for processing of your request to access your Personal Data.
Notwithstanding that access is granted to you or any correction/updating of your Personal Data is performed, this PDP shall remain valid and effective at all times.
Enquiries and Contact
You may request for access and/or request for correction of your Personal Data or make any inquiries or complaints in relation to the processing of your Personal Data by contacting the following personnel for further assistance: -
CPS reserves the right to revise this PDP from time to time due to changes in applicable laws and regulations and you shall be deemed to have agreed to such revision(s) if you continue your relationship with CPS without any objection. You are welcome to obtain the latest version of this PDP from the CPS's website.
In case of discrepancies between the English version and other versions of this PDP, the English version shall apply and prevail.